Bienvenue sur GM3800Québec Index du Forum

Bienvenue sur GM3800Québec

FAQFAQ   RechercherRechercher   MembresMembres   GroupesGroupes   S’enregistrerS’enregistrer 
 ProfilProfil   Se connecter pour vérifier ses messages privésSe connecter pour vérifier ses messages privés   ConnexionConnexion 

hesitation during hard accelleration

Poster un nouveau sujet   Répondre au sujet    Bienvenue sur GM3800Québec Index du Forum -> Discussion automobile -> Mécanique
Sujet précédent :: Sujet suivant  
Auteur Message
Dee Comp G

Masculin

MessagePosté le: Ven 20 Jan - 15:47 (2012)    Sujet du message: hesitation during hard accelleration Répondre en citant

Hello... 2004 gtp comp g.. I have a hesitation when i drive hard.. Not a smooth whine like it is supposed to be... any ideas...  seems like something is clogged in the engine... Under normal driving all is fine... I am avg 14.6/100km is this normal? when i bought the car it was very powerfullther was a 3.0' pulley along with all other mods... the engine died 1 day and the warranty swapped the engine. I now have a stock engine with all other mods... I am sure the ECU was tuned but i cant tell... any ideas on this..
oh.. and where can i find a good garage to work on this car...
Thanks

MessagePosté le: Ven 20 Jan - 15:47 (2012)    Sujet du message: Publicité

PublicitéSupprimer les publicités ?
TurboGP

Masculin

MessagePosté le: Ven 20 Jan - 17:12 (2012)    Sujet du message: hesitation during hard accelleration Répondre en citant

So the PCM is tuned for a 3" pulley but now you have a stock engine with a stock pulley???

If so you're running pig rich for shure and clogging the cat. Do you have a black spot on your bumper over the tail pipes? 

SVP prendre note que vous êtes ici dans un forum D'ENTRAIDE, nous sommes tous ici pour S'ENTRAIDER et non pour se faire des http://www.museevirtuel-virtualmuseum.ca/media/edu/EN/uploads/image/HomePag…

Merci.
Dee Comp G

Masculin

MessagePosté le: Ven 20 Jan - 17:53 (2012)    Sujet du message: hesitation during hard accelleration Répondre en citant

I think the pcm is tuned..
Mods wheni purchased the car... Headers, K&N filter package, u-bend delete, flex pipe, these are what i know off. I measured the pulley while the engine was getting swapped and it was about 3 inches.. I assume the pcm had to be tuned because it drove fine... Dynamax mufflers.. sound alittle droney but when you hit the gas the car launched like a rocket!!!  So now i have the stock engine with all the above setup...
I dont know if i had any internal work on the old engine done

Masculin

MessagePosté le: Ven 20 Jan - 17:53 (2012)    Sujet du message: hesitation during hard accelleration Répondre en citant

sorry i am new to this whole forum thing

Masculin

MessagePosté le: Ven 20 Jan - 17:56 (2012)    Sujet du message: hesitation during hard accelleration Répondre en citant

no black smoke on the bumper or coming out the exaust for that matter... I did pull some codes about the o2 sensor... upon further investigation i found the harness unpluged in the engine bay... idiot waranty garage guys!!!
i did purchase both sensors but cant get the old ones off (no tools)... now i throw a code for the the one after the cat...

Masculin

MessagePosté le: Ven 20 Jan - 17:59 (2012)    Sujet du message: hesitation during hard accelleration Répondre en citant

In all honesty i love the car but i ahve had lots of little troubles that has been driving me nuts... Is it normal that my temp never gets pass 1/3... My fan also stays on when the car is stopped for a while depending on motor temp... this is why i say the pcm had to have been tuned

Masculin

MessagePosté le: Ven 20 Jan - 19:37 (2012)    Sujet du message: hesitation during hard accelleration Répondre en citant

Dee Comp G a écrit:
In all honesty i love the car but i ahve had lots of little troubles that has been driving me nuts... Is it normal that my temp never gets pass 1/3... My fan also stays on when the car is stopped for a while depending on motor temp... this is why i say the pcm had to have been tuned

You have a tune for shure on your car, tuners do that, they will keep the fans on when your motor is hot for a minute or so after you stop the engine and you are shurely tuned for 180°F(stock is 195°F) 

SVP prendre note que vous êtes ici dans un forum D'ENTRAIDE, nous sommes tous ici pour S'ENTRAIDER et non pour se faire des http://www.museevirtuel-virtualmuseum.ca/media/edu/EN/uploads/image/HomePag…

Merci.
dan454
Modérateur

Masculin

MessagePosté le: Ven 20 Jan - 19:59 (2012)    Sujet du message: hesitation during hard accelleration Répondre en citant

Sorry for translation Embarassed
Wooowww... a 3.8 serie III with 3.0 pulley Shocked KR!! and destroy engine again
with 3.4-3.3 on serie III is recommended vs cam or intercooler + all other modif you have now
Check this little liste

04-05 GTP or Comp G & 06 GT supercharged

3.8 pulley totally stock car

3.6 pulley Colder Tstat & spark plugs, downpipe, Cold air intake (still could have KR)

3.4 pulley all of the above plus a VS cam, or SS intercooler

3.3 pulley 3.4 mods and a XP cam

3.2 pulley 3.4 mods and a fullsize intercooler or an SS ic and a VS cam.

Anything smaller than a 3.0 pulley will require a camshaft, headers, intercooler & injectors.

Visiter le site web du posteur
TurboGP

Masculin

MessagePosté le: Ven 20 Jan - 20:22 (2012)    Sujet du message: hesitation during hard accelleration Répondre en citant

↑ ↑ ↑ ↑ ↑ ↑ ↑
This is why your first engine blew up.

To fix your problems now you need to flash a stock tune on your PCM or go with a tune upgrade for a stock car but even that will keep the fans on after the engine is stopped.

also you can have a fuel economy tune, its gonna give you a few HP's more then stock and you are still gonna save a little more in fuel. All theses tunes will cost the same, you choose what you want for your car and driving style.

Merci.
Dee Comp G

Masculin

MessagePosté le: Ven 20 Jan - 20:56 (2012)    Sujet du message: hesitation during hard accelleration Répondre en citant

I dont think the engine blew. There was no fluids leaked, I was not speeding and it was raining very bad. Not to mention I had a leak from the famous rain guard issue on the passenger side of the windshield. (Found that out after they swap the engine.) To make a long story short.. Thoes guys did not know what they were doing, thank God it was covered under warranty!

Masculin

MessagePosté le: Ven 20 Jan - 21:02 (2012)    Sujet du message: hesitation during hard accelleration Répondre en citant

Dee Comp G a écrit:
I dont think the engine blew.

Just a manner of speaking, you probably chipped a piston IMO, its the most common thing with guys running a puley too small.

Merci.
Dee Comp G

Masculin

MessagePosté le: Ven 20 Jan - 23:18 (2012)    Sujet du message: hesitation during hard accelleration Répondre en citant

I think i am going to just get the new colder plugs and a set of new 10 mm wires and drop on a 3.2 pullley. That combined with K&N and complete muffler (with headers) I think I will be alright... Okay  Dont really drive the car hard anyway (Daily driver) What I have noticed was some sludge build up right by the header manifold, (possible leaking manifold gasket??) I need a good trust worthy garage! Does anyone order form thoes sites in the states where things are sooooo cheap compared to here?? (PFYC, 3800performance, etc)

Masculin

MessagePosté le: Sam 21 Jan - 01:22 (2012)    Sujet du message: hesitation during hard accelleration Répondre en citant

Dee Comp G a écrit:
I think i am going to just get the new colder plugs and a set of new 10 mm wires and drop on a 3.2 pullley. That combined with K&N and complete muffler (with headers) I think I will be alright...

And i think you will pop a piston at your first WOT. I'm not gonna try to convince you of anything, i'm just gonna wish you good luck with that.

BTW, save your money, wires are useless, esthetics only.

Merci.
Contenu Sponsorisé

MessagePosté le: Aujourd’hui à 02:50 (2018)    Sujet du message: hesitation during hard accelleration

Poster un nouveau sujet   Répondre au sujet    Bienvenue sur GM3800Québec Index du Forum -> Discussion automobile -> Mécanique Toutes les heures sont au format GMT - 4 Heures
Page 1 sur 1

Sauter vers:  

Index | Panneau d’administration | forum gratuit | Forum gratuit d’entraide | Annuaire des forums gratuits | Signaler une violation | Conditions générales d'utilisation